STIRS THE SOUL CHOCOLATE REVIEW

So, what has 2 thumbs and loves chocolate…..this girl :)  I bet you do too. I am always looking for healthier alternatives to beat my sweet tooth and also like to look for dairy free options since I have some intolerance issues. Well, I ran across a raw chocolate company called Stirs The Soul and Lisa & Daren were kind enough to send me 3 bars to review. They use organic, raw chocolate. Their bars are free from dairy & sugar. They use 3 different sweeteners: Raw Dried Dates, Raw Agave, and Coconut Palm Sugar

I was so excited to try them out. Well, let me tell you it was love at first bite – spiced chai and current was the first one to try and it did not let me down. Oh me, oh my, it was magnificent! I wasn’t sure I would like it but wow, it was my favorite by far! I would highly recommend this! So smooth with just a hint of a spice to it. Yummers! It was like no chocolate I have ever tasted before.

The ingredients in this: Stoneground Cacao Beans, Cacao Butter, Dates, Cardamom, Star Anise, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Pepper. What, that is it? NO sugar, all ingredients I can pronounce….love it!

It has 150 cal’s and 12 grams of fat but only 4 grams of sugar and that is lower then a traditional candy bar by far and to boot you get 2 grams of protein, gotta love that. If you don’t usually pay attention to how much sugar is in candy bars Twix for example has 27.5 grams so this is significantly less.

Maca chocolate – was the 2nd one I tried. This was definitely more plane. Still good but didn’t blow me away like the first one I tried. It’s ingredients are: Stoneground Cacao Beans, Cacao Butter, Palm Sugar, Maca, Mesquite Powder. 160 cal’s, 12 grams of fat, 6 grams of sugar and 3 grams of protein.

Honey forest choc + hemp and maitake mushroom was the last one. I was a bit sad b/c I didn’t want my testing to come to an end and no I did not eat all 3 in a row, although I could have :)   Ok, lets look at that name again…What…seriously…mushrooms? In my chocolate? How can it be? I hate those slimy suckers but you would never know they are in there….thank goodness, don’t know how I would feel about chocolate covered mushrooms! Ingredients: Freshly Stone-ground Cacao*, Cacao Butter*, Honey*, Hemp Hearts*, Freeze-Dried Maitake Mushroom* Unfortunetly the current nutrition profile on the site is incorrect on this one, I thought it was too good to be true :)  So I will update when I have the correct stats. This was average tasting, kind of plan, but not bad by any means.
So with all of these bars, well more so maybe the last 2, if you go in with a snickers on your mind, you will be a little disappointed, they do not taste like a snickers but HEY you won’t get that blood sugar drop followed by crabby attitude and the need for a nap…what, is that just me? I don’t think so. These are all much better options then traditional candy bars.

I would LOVE to try the mint chocolate one next. I love MINT!!!

Stirs the Soul is based out of Portland Oregan. If you are looking for a healthier alternative to beat your sweet tooth I recommend their bars for sure. Check out their site: http://www.stirsthesoul.com/

**just a note, I do not get paid by any of these companies I am sharing with you, I just like to share fun, healthy new products I find**

Remember I am doing my drawing tomorrow afternoon (Tue) for the Chobani giveaway!

Author

Written by Admin

Aliquam molestie ligula vitae nunc lobortis dictum varius tellus porttitor. Suspendisse vehicula diam a ligula malesuada a pellentesque turpis facilisis. Vestibulum a urna elit. Nulla bibendum dolor suscipit tortor euismod eu laoreet odio facilisis.

0 comments: